We are thankful to our Heavenly Father that we are once again free to worship corporately and publicly, and in our own building, while taking certain precautions. Our aim is to continue to worship God only in the way He has commanded (John 4:23-24, LD 35) while at the same time to “protect [our neighbours] from harm as much as we can” (LD 40) and “be subject to the governing authorities” (Romans 13: 1). In order to do so, we have established the following guidelines for corporate worship.
The consistory will call the congregation together for corporate worship twice each Lord’s Day, at 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM (repeat services) and 7:00 PM.
- Families in Elder Lawton’s and Mostert’s districts and any regular visitors are asked to attend the 10:00 AM service
- Families in Elder Louws’, William Vogel’s and Wim Vogel’s districts are asked to attend the 3:00 PM service
- The evening service will be held once each Lord's Day at 7:00 PM, with the church basement used for overflow seating if we are over capacity as designated by the municipal government
Please refrain from attending if
- You or a member of your household is sick or display any symptoms of COVID-19
- You have travelled outside of Canada in the fourteen days preceding the worship service or suspect you have been in contact with someone who has (or had) COVID-19
Facilities and Seating
- The building will be cleaned and disinfected prior to each service
- Please enter and exit using only the north, upper door which will remain open
- We will continue to not have any supervised nursery at this time
- As always, parents are encouraged to keep their children with them in worship while minimizing disruption, and the congregation as a whole is encouraged to extend charity to these little ones and their parents
- The basement can be used by parents with small children if necessary